t deal after he failed a physical in Oakland rela

Las novedades del mundo de la ciencia se discuten aquí
lw789

Jue Ene 11, 2018 5:19 am

OAKLAND, Calif. -- David Ortiz saved his only hit for a key moment for the Boston Red Sox. Ortiz connected for a leadoff home run in the 10th inning, and the Red Sox beat the Oakland Athletics 7-6 on Sunday to avoid a four-game series sweep. "I like to go out there and make things happen," Ortiz said. "Weve had a good game, had a good series and then we go back to struggles. So hopefully everything changes at some point." Ortiz was the only Boston starter without a hit until he lined a 1-2 pitch from Fernando Abad (2-3) over the wall in left-centre for his 17th homer. The Red Sox had to go extra innings after letting a 6-1 lead slip away. The As scored three runs in the eighth, and then homered twice in the ninth against Koji Uehara (3-1). The closer had converted 31 consecutive save opportunities dating to 2013. "Im getting hit on day games," Uehara said through an interpreter. "I think its because Im old. Im not woken up." The Red Sox pulled within 6 1/2 games of first-place Toronto in the AL East. New York and Baltimore are 1 1/2 games back. Ortizs homer came four days after the designated hitter belted a tying drive in the 10th inning of a 2-1 victory against Minnesota. "He does have the knack for the moment," Boston manager John Farrell said. "More than anything he stays at rest or at peace mentally in those key spots and doesnt miss his pitch when he gets it." Mike Napoli and David Ross also homered for Boston, which had been limited to two runs or fewer in eight consecutive games. Napoli scored another run as part of a double steal, and former As player Jonny Gomes added a two-run single. Oaklands late surge negated a strong outing by Boston starter Jon Lester. Lester, who had a career-high 15 strikeouts against the As earlier this season, allowed two earned runs and four hits over 7 2-3 innings. He struck out four and walked two. The veteran left-hander left after hitting Craig Gentry and walking Jed Lowrie with two outs in the eighth. Burke Badenhop came in and gave up three consecutive RBI singles to make it 6-4 before Andrew Miller got pinch-hitter Coco Crisp to line out to shortstop. Uehara, who had the longest successful save streak in the majors, blew a shot at extending his impressive run when he yielded home runs by Stephen Vogt and pinch-hitter John Jaso. "Thats a good example of the kind of grit and determination this team has," said Oakland closer Sean Doolittle, who grounded out to second as a pinch hitter in the 10th. "Night after night it seems like its only a matter of time before our offence finds a way to come through and push some runs across." Oakland catcher Derek Norris had to leave the game in the 10th after a frightening situation when he was hit in the back of the head by Gomes bat on a follow-through swing. Norris immediately dropped to the ground as home plate Greg Gibson quickly called for As trainers. Norris was eventually helped to his feet and walked to the dugout. He was taken to a hospital as precaution and was scheduled to undergo a CAT scan. Boston broke out of its week-long scoring slump and got to Tommy Milone after loading the bases with two outs in the first on two singles and a walk. Gomes two-run single put the Red Sox up 2-0. Ross, who homered off Milone earlier this season at Fenway Park, did it again on the first pitch in the second. NOTES: Oaklands last four-game sweep of Boston came in 1971 at Fenway Park. ... Oakland 1B Kyle Blanks left after getting thrown out at home in the second. Blanks has been nursing a calf strain and aggravated it while sliding into home plate. ... With two days off in the next week, the As plan to skip Sonny Grays turn in the rotation. Gray, who has yet to pitch a full season in the majors, has already logged a team-leading 99 innings. ... Boston OF Shane Victorino (right hamstring strain) took batting practice with Triple-A Pawtucket but did not play. .. Red Sox RHP John Lackey (8-4) pitches the series opener against Seattle on Monday. ... It was Oaklands eighth sellout of the season. Mitch Moreland Jersey . -- Jay Haas and Peter Jacobsen took the second-round lead Saturday in the Champions Tours Legends of Golf, teaming for a 6-under 48 in windy conditions on the par-3 Top of the Rock course. Custom Boston Red Sox Jerseys . Orlandos Glen Davis tried to get in the way, only to be driven back into the padding under the basket as the Pelicans forward slammed home a windmill jam. http://www.redsoxjerseyauthenticshop.co ... ox-jersey/. Five years ago, Nestor and Zimonjic beat the American twins to win the title. But the Bryans, the worlds top-ranked team, needed 74 minutes to earn the victory Saturday as both Nestor and Zimonjic lost serve in the second set. Allen Craig Jersey . Trailing 5-4 in the third set, the 12th-ranked Isner fought off two match points and evened it at 5-5 with consecutive aces. The former University of Georgia star had his only service break of the match to go up 6-5 before firing the last four of his 30 aces to close out Ginepri, an Atlanta resident ranked 281st. Carl Yastrzemski Jersey .J. -- Pete Carroll said it was the suspension of linebacker Bruce Irvin last spring that finally got the attention of the rest of the Seattle Seahawks that they needed to be taking their commitment to the team more seriously.ST. LOUIS -- Getting drafted second overall has got to be a heady feeling. Greg Robinson checked any ego at the door, learning quickly how to fit in with the St. Louis Rams. The Rams plan on Robinson beginning his career at guard instead of tackle, where he starred at Auburn. The 6-foot-5, 332-pound Robinson has been a willing convert at a position he last played in high school in Thibodaux, Louisiana. "Everything happens faster," Robinson said. "I can get my hands on them faster, so its something that I think I can grow into. Sooner or later, its going to come." Running back Tre Mason ran behind Robinson on Auburns national championship runner-up team last year and has loads of confidence in his fellow rookie. The Tigers totalled 64 rushing touchdowns the last two seasons and the Rams anticipate Mason will be a change-of-pace option behind Zac Stacey. "When hes lead blocking for me, we love it," Mason said. "I know he can play anywhere on that O-line. Really, you could line him up at quarterback." Robinson could eventually move outside, given left tackle Jake Long is in the final year of his contract. Long is rehabbing from knee surgery and said Tuesday he expects to be ready for the opener. Robinson can draw on the experience of teammate Rodger Saffold, also a left tackle in college and at the start of his NFL career, too. "Yeah, he told me it was hard for him at the beginning, but something he got accustomed to," Robinson said. "Its something Im really going to have to work on and really learn in and out. Im sure theyre not goingg to play anybody thats not ready.dddddddddddd" Saffold started at three spots last year and will be the right guard, joking "at least I know where Ill be." The Rams re-signed him to a free-agent deal after he failed a physical in Oakland related to a shoulder injury, and hes comfortable playing guard for the foreseeable future. "Yeah, cant fight it," Saffold said. "Just got to roll with the punches. The goal is the same, its just one slot inside." Besides the physical factor, Robinson is adjusting to a much deeper playbook with even more wrinkles inside than at tackle. Robinson said Auburn perfected a "select few" plays. "Its a lot for him, but the good thing is hes listening to everybody," Saffold said. "We expect a lot out of him and hes coming along." Long, the first overall pick in 2008 by the Dolphins, has been doing a lot of individual work this week plus "stuff inside that you dont see," coach Jeff Fisher said. The Rams anticipate hell be a full participant by the middle of training camp. "Every week we try to introduce something more," Long said. "Im really excited and happy with how Im progressing." The 29-year-old Long said hes been rehabbing five or six hours a day for several weeks with the exception of a 10-day trip with his wife to Paris and Barcelona. "I wanted to do it and didnt want to do it at the same time," Long said. "The trainers told me I had to get out of the room for a few days. They were long days and they still are, but Im glad to do it." Cheap NFL Jerseys Wholesale Jerseys Wholesale NFL Jerseys Jerseys From China Wholesale NFL Jerseys Cheap NFL Jerseys Cheap Jerseys ' ' '

Responder